db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "conglomerate does not exist" error
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 21:59:37 GMT
On 11/9/05, Mike Matrigali <mikem_app@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> That stack does not include the derby internal stack, perhaps you still
> have it in derby.log?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the derby internal stack and
derby.log ? I run derby in embedded mode, how can I direct it to
generate such a thing (the manual structure is IMO quite confusing; a
quick search did not produce anything useful about logging) ?

> You can enable properties to print which query is encountering the
> error.  Then see if you can run the query in ij vs your webapp setup.

I got the query (I'm using OJB which prints out the query in case of
an error). It is:

SELECT A0.id,A0.firstname,A0.lastname,A0.username,A0.password,A0.email
FROM users A0 WHERE A0.username = 'tomdz';

When running with ij in WEB-INF/classes using the connection url
'jdbc:derby:derbydb', the above query works without problems.

Interestingly, I re-created the database, and redeployed it and now I
get a "ERROR 42X05: Table 'USERS' does not exist." error which I
think, has to do with the username and schemas. For reference, I use
the username 'app' to connect to Derby in both creation and in the
webapp so that I don't have to deal with schemas.

I'll see whether I can get the "conglomerate does not exist" error again.

Tom