db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject "conglomerate does not exist" error
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 21:36:07 GMT
Hi folks,

I get the "The conglomerate (1.056) requested does not exist." error
with Derby 10.1.1.0 and I don't understand why. Here's the setup:

* I've created a database (using embedded driver) via DdlUtils into my
webapp-to-be-deployed in directory WEB-INF/classes/derbydb. The
database correctly contains data as I checked with ij.

* I then configured my webapp (Struts + Spring) to use Derby via the
url "jdbc:derby:classpath:derbydb" in the assumption that the
WEB-INF/Classes folder is automatically in the classpath.

* The whole stuff is packaged into a WAR and deployed into Tomcat
5.5.12 (which btw. does not know anything about the database)

* The I start the webapp and try to login which in turn uses the
database for the first time. This is where it goes bang.

Database access is configured in Spring to use the
DriverManagerDataSource, and also there is only one user (me as I'm
currently developing the webapp) and only one using class in the
webapp, so there is no concurrent access AFAIK (no multiple VMs or
classloaders).

So could perhaps somebody give me a tip what I did wrong ?

regards,
Tom

PS: here's the stacktrace as far as Derby is concerned:

Caused by: SQL Exception: The conglomerate (1.056) requested does not exist.
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement20.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement30.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver30.newEmbedPreparedStatement(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)
	at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.TransactionAwareDataSourceProxy$TransactionAwareInvocationHandler.invoke(TransactionAwareDataSourceProxy.java:167)
	at $Proxy1.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)