db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Segel" <mse...@segel.com>
Subject RE: Submitted new logos
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:35:22 GMT

Hopefully the artwork that some of these logos are based on are in the
public domain. If you lifted another's copyrighted work and then modified
it, you're on murky ground.

Of course, while one thinks of the Derby as a hat, or even a restaurant
(Brown Derby? ;-), It kind of takes a twist on the original concept.
(Off to the Races anyone?)

So why don't you do a horse race with the lead jockey wearing a Derby? ;-)
(just kidding.)

Just my .02 cents worth.

-----Original Message-----
From: David W. Van Couvering [mailto:David.Vancouvering@Sun.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:57 AM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: Submitted new logos

Sorry for perhaps an oblique reference -- the hat is a Derby Hat, it is
the name for this type of hat.  It used to be worn all the time in the
Victorian era

http://www.millerhats.com/hatcare_index/derbycare.html (note the feather!)

http://www.ushist.com/wardrobe/hats_mens_bowlers-derbys.htm#item5

Danbury, Connecticut has the Derby as it's City Hat

http://www.lookingforadventure.com/historyofdanbury.htm