db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Danny" <danny.gallag...@gainergroup.com>
Subject ResultSet updateRow() error
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:09:28 GMT
Derby version = 10.1.2.1

I cannot seem to figure out why this ResultSet update is not working.

I create the ResultSet with the following:

Statement stmt = conn.createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY,
ResultSet.CONCUR_UPDATABLE, ResultSet.HOLD_CURSORS_OVER_COMMIT);

The query that I execute to return the result set contains the primary key,
FROM contains only one table, and the query contains no JOINS or UNIONS.

So then I call next()
Update all the columns that I am interested in updating, up to this point
everything is fine, I can get the column that I updated out, and the values
are the updated ones.

When I call updateRow(), I get: Invalid cursor state - no current row

But there is a current row, I am updating columns in it and those updates
are taking place.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Danny Gallagher