db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Suavi Ali Demir <dem...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: MySQL to Derby export
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:01:38 GMT
If you can find a tool specifically written to use jdbc/odbc bridge with MS Access, then you
can port the schema too. In many ODBC metadata calls MS Access reports "unimplemented function"
error. So, if the tool is not written specifically for MS Access (to work around those "unimplemented
function" errors), it probably won't work. If i remember correctly, for example you can't
ask the access database for the Primary Keys or Foreign Keys or Cross References. It throws
exception. You can ask for the list of tables and columns of a table. You may have better
luck typing sql ddl yourself rather than using a tool.
  Ali

Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

On Nov 28, 2005, at 2:40 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> I've only used Access with Sun JdbcOdbcDriver which IIRC does not
> provide access to metadata and therefore can't be used with Cayenne
> cdataport.

Correction - you can't use Jdbc/Odbc bridge to port the schema, but
you still should be able to port data.

Andrus