db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <mse...@segel.com>
Subject Re: Workarounds for too many open files?
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 14:17:21 GMT
On Monday 28 November 2005 04:10, Lars Clausen wrote:

I guess anyone who's going to try and create a 100GB database will also run in
to this problem. (Remember the discussions on scalability?)

Since I haven't seen the code on how Derby stores data to the disk, why so
many files per index?

A possible, but ugly work around is to create the index as you load the table.
(Ugly in that you'll take a performance hit. However, this should work.)

-HTH...

--
Michael Segel
Principal