db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <mse...@segel.com>
Subject Re: Derby and portability
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 06:05:52 GMT
On Wednesday 16 November 2005 18:52, Jean T. Anderson wrote:
Uhm actually Unicode is dealing with character sets.

I was looking at how numeric values were stored.

When you output numeric values to a file, what is its raw representation? Is
an int an int or the byte code representation of the int?

Now if both of your systems are little Endian, then you shouldn't  have a
problem....

--
Michael Segel
Principal