db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <mse...@segel.com>
Subject Re: any manual or howto to convert mysql database structure to derby
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:53:07 GMT
On Wednesday 16 November 2005 11:35, Dan Scott wrote:
> It's not a HOWTO, more like a presentation describing the experiences
> I had and observations I formed when trying to port an application
> from MySQL to Derby, but I think you'll find a lot of good material in
> it:
> http://talks.php.net/show/mysql-limits

I guess maybe its time to formalize this. I think that one should consider
MySQL, SQLServer, Postgress to start with.
Then you could add Revelation or your favorite Pick Variant too.

(And no, I'm actually being serious.)

On the topic of documentation, I'd strongly suggest that the current
documentation gets a facelift, along with some indexing and enhancements.
(Sorry, but the reference manual is really a pain to read.) Don't know what
tools exist, but using a better layout manager, creating an indexed
postscript manual may make life easier...

Anyone have access to current publishing software?
Or is there any Opensource doc publishing software available?

If you want to grow derby, fixing things like Derby-47 go a long way, but
having easy to read and access docs will definitely grease the wheels.

Michael Segel

View raw message