db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <home4...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: "conglomerate does not exist" error
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 01:24:14 GMT
Hi Tom,

I'm not sure I can help, but I'm wondering if there is another way to do what you are trying
to accomplish.  It sounds like you can only use the jdbc:derby:classpath protocol to connect
to a database if it *is* contained in a jar file.

You mentioned:

Database access is configured in Spring to use the DriverManagerDataSource.

Can you send me that configuration please?

Also, from the web application can you show how you are connecting to the database?
Is your first attempt to access Derby in the web app via a JSP or via a Java class?

Can you send the code for this as well?

Also, have you tried putting the database in a jar file and using the 'classpath' protocol
to see if it does work this way?

Thanks,

Susan