db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <mse...@segel.com>
Subject Re: I need some advice to choose database for an upcomming job
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 17:28:32 GMT
On Wednesday 02 November 2005 09:46, Kristian Waagan wrote:

Ok,
Silly question on either Sun's or Tomcat.

Is this a potential security risk? What's the default parameters?
I guess all you need to do is to limit access to that directory....

I mean its great for prototyping, but in production?

Now the reason I'm asking is that I'm being buggered to have a lightweight web
interface in to an app that I'm working on. (Derby is the backend DB).
This will allow for a central copy of the DB that will synch with the
individual copies.

One nice thing about Derby.
You can have your complete App and the DB all on a simple memory stick.

--
Michael Segel
Principal