db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Dag H. Wanvik" <Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: ResultSet holdability
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 23:24:21 GMT

Hi,

Veaceslav Chicu wrote:

:
>if I have an exception in my procedure, first resultSet will close?
>normaly in my client application I shoud reexecute my select?

Satheesh>
Satheesh> Are you using embedded driver or network driver? Wonder if this is:
Satheesh> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-694

If the call fails with transaction severity (see
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.1/devguide/cdevconcepts844813.html),
a rollback will ensue and the rollback will close the result set (even
if holdability is HOLD_CURSORS_OVER_COMMIT). If it fails with
statement severity, the transaction should not be rolled back and the
result set should remain open. So, if you have a statement level exception
*and* you are using the the network driver, it could be DERBY-694.

Dag