db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM (Øystein Grøvlen)
Subject Re: transient priviledgeException
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:50:15 GMT

    XV> If I  understand you, you  propose to improve  my call to ping  with a
    XV> loop on  the creation  (ie. url with  create=true) of a  *FAKE* schema
    XV> until it succeeds.

    XV> Then I  have to delete  all the associated  files..... This is  what I
    XV> call a work-around :-)

Xavier,

What if you try to connect to a non-existing database without
'create=true'?  In that case, no files will be created.  I have not
tried this out myself, but maybe you will be able to observe a
different behavior when the db is ready to create a database.  E.g,
you get priviledgeException if not yet ready and "Database not found"
when it is ready.  In that case you will be able to loop without
having to clean up any files.

Another alternative could be to try do this in the server VM instead
of/in addition to ping().  If you are lucky, your getConnection will
in that case not return until it is possible to create a database.

--
Øystein