db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Arne Anka" <arne.a...@ginguppin.de>
Subject Re: SQL Exception: Connection refused : Invalid authentication.
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2005 19:55:42 GMT
> You use SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY to define the user in the database
> for the builtin authentication scheme. Eg.
> SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.user.arne','cat76dog')");
> Then when you connect to derby you pass in the user name and password
> values using the property keys 'user' and 'password'. This is because
> user/password is the standard as defined by JDBC.
> E.g.
> prop.setProperty("user", "arne");
> prop.setProperty("password", "cat76dog");

sounds good (and obvious ;-). have to test monday when i'm back in office.
but it's not really clear to me why it works the first time. after all, to
read from my db a acquire a new connection with the properties-object ...

Schon vor dem comeback von Modern Talking wusste ich:
Dieter Bohlen ist der Preis der Freiheit!
                                                          Heinz Rudolf Kunze

View raw message