db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Chas douglass <chas.dougl...@gmail.com>
Subject Invalid SQL State
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2005 14:46:47 GMT
I'm using Derby embedded 10.1.1.0 with Hibernate 3.0.5.  I have one thread
running, iterating through a number of transactions.  A second thread starts up,
performs 0 or more transactions, and then ends.  At this point, thread 1 gets:

06:34:05,431  WARN JDBCExceptionReporter:71 - SQL Error: 20000, SQLState: 25000
06:34:05,431 ERROR JDBCExceptionReporter:72 - Invalid transaction state.
org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot close connection

I get no errors unless the two threads overlap.

Can anyone provide any insight into what this error is trying to tell me?  Or,
perhaps, suggest what further information would be necessary?

Thanks.

Chas Douglass