db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Johan <johanwasser...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting Derby at boot time on linux
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 11:31:28 GMT
 <Oyvind.Bakksjo@...> writes:

> Johan Wasserman wrote:
> > How do I start Derby at boot time on linux?  I used the startup script
> > provided (startNetworkServer.ksh) and linked it to S99derby in rc5.d but
> > get the message "Could not listen on port 1527 on host start"...
> >
> > Kind regards...
>
> I don't know of course, but it could be that you already have a process
> occupying that port. Try running the command below:
>
> netstat --tcp -l -p --numeric-ports | grep 1527

Hmmm, ok.  I have nothing running on that port. I have been particularly
carefull of that using a clean minimal install of Suse 9.1 and making sure
that no other databases is installed.  Before implementing the Derby startup
scripts I also did a reboot and checked the all the ports used by the machine
(netstat -anp) to make sure nothing would interfere.

I will investigate further and post back when I find the problem/solution.

Meantime, if anyone has been able to do this please let me know their method.

Kind regards.