db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Raji Sridar" <r...@cisco.com>
Subject FW: [Fwd: Re: Are you happy with Derby?]
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:58:15 GMT
Hi Michael,

Your opinion was very encouraging - I also built a prototype based on Derby.
I am happy to say, that our management has almost decided on Derby, subject
to legal approval for the licensing aspects.

We plan to use Derby as an embedded RDBMS in our Network Management
Application. The data stored in Derby will be typical network management
data pertaining to the inventory, fault and performance aspects of network
elements.

With this mind, I would like a clarification:

If an external application would like to extract this data for correlation
with the typical customer data, the general way will be to use ij and
proceed. The double booting issue will prevent this. What are all the
possible workarounds for the double booting issue? Can you please give me
the required pointers?

Is there any potential issue when multiple copies of Derby runs in the same
PC (Within the same application or within different applications)?

I appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
Raji

  _____