db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [Java exception: 'loader,constraints violated when linking,org/apache/derby/iapi/store/access/StaticCompiledOpenConglomInfo,class: java.lang.LinkageError']
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2005 20:56:03 GMT
Hi,

In my experience, LinkageError is a symptom of a build issue or a
classpath issue. It usually means that the methods defined in an
interface are not defined in a class that claims to implement that
interface. For example, if you build your application using version
3.0 of some library and then execute the program with version 4.0 of
the library, where a method of the library has changed its signature.
Or build with version 4.0 and execute with 3.0 that doesn't implement
a method in the interface.

A classpath issue might be if you have different versions of Derby
available in Tomcat and some of the classes are from one version of
Derby and some others from a different version.

NoPutResultSet implements ResultSet. What you're describing would
happen if you used a JDBC 3.0 ResultSet with a version of Derby that
didn't support the JDBC 3.0 methods. But I don't know how that could
happen.

You mentioned that "I've started throwing...LinkageErrors". What
changed in your environment between working ok and throwing Errors?

Regards,

Craig