db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Islay Symonette" <isla...@hotmail.com>
Subject Storing Java Objects in a table
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:41:49 GMT
Hello,
Sorry to bother you with such a trivial question.

I am trying to create a table with one of the columns storing a java object.
The sql statement I have is:

CREATE TABLE StoreObject (objectID INT, object MyJavaObject);

And recieved this:
ERROR 42X01: Syntax error: Encountered "" at line 1, column 46.

I understand from the manuals that inorder to load a java class, you have to
store it in a jar file.
I created a jar containing the class for the object using eclipse. Location:
C:\Derby\testingjar.jar
Then using ij I typed (after connecting to the database):

CALL SQLJ.install_jar('c:\derby\testingjar.jar', 'APP.TestLogic', 0);
0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.database.classpath',
'APP.TestLogic');
0 rows inserted/updated/deleted

I'm afraid I don't know where I've gone wrong, any help would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks,
Islay