db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "David Selvaraj" <dselv...@hotmail.com>
Subject Getting error when using DB2 type 4 driver
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:32:34 GMT
Hi,
I am getting the following error when connecting to Derby 10.1.1 network
server using a db2 type 4 driver.  I am using Squirrel as the client.

The driver class is com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver and the url is
jdbc:db2://localhost:1555/DEMODOC.

The network server is starting fine and I am able to get the Sysinfo to work
fine.

Execution failed because of a Distributed Protocol Error:
DRDA_Proto_SYNTAXRM;
CODPNT arg  = 2135; Error Code Value = e
org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAProtocolException
        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.throwSyntaxrm(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.missingCodePoint(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.checkRequired(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseACCRDB(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseDRDAConnection(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.processCommands(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.run(Unknown Source)
null
org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAProtocolException
        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.throwSyntaxrm(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.missingCodePoint(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.checkRequired(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseACCRDB(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseDRDAConnection(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.processCommands(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.run(Unknown Source)

And I am getting the following error in the client side:
DEMODOC: Execution failed due to a distribution protocol error that caused
deallocation of the conversation.  A DRDA Data Stream Syntax Error was
detected.  Reason: 0x2135

com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.DisconnectException: Execution failed due to a
distribution protocol error that caused deallocation of the conversation.  A
DRDA Data Stream Syntax Error was detected.  Reason: 0x2135

	at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.ab.l(ab.java:1214)

	at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.bb.Y(bb.java:1935)

	at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.bb.z(bb.java:599)

	at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.bb.p(bb.java:550)

	at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.bb.l(bb.java:363)

	at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.bb.d(bb.java:145)

	at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.b.Sb(b.java:1274)

	at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.b.a(b.java:1166)

	at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.b.q(b.java:934)

	at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.b.a(b.java:702)

	at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.b.<init>(b.java:305)

	at com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver.connect(DB2Driver.java:162)

	at
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.sql.SQLDriverManager.getConnection(SQLDriverManager.java:124)

	at
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.execute(OpenConnectionCommand.java:97)

	at
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.ConnectToAliasCommand$SheetHandler.run(ConnectToAliasCommand.java:367)

	at
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.util.TaskExecuter.run(TaskExecuter.java:82)

	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David