db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Legolas Woodland <legola...@gmail.com>
Subject I need some advice to choose database for an upcomming job
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2005 14:29:38 GMT
Hi
Thank you for reading my post
I should design and implement an application which is going to run on tomcat
5.5 and Database can be one of derby ,sqlServer , Mysql.
Problem is that this application should be able to have about 15
-20Transaction in 1 second .They have no extra power servers , just an
ordinary hosting plan.
my question is : which of this database is better to choose ?
i thought that derby could be better because it can be embeded into my
application .
can derby carry out 15-20 transacion in 1 secod ?is it feasible with using
DAO pattern and plain JDBC ,or it need some other requirement ?
I have Struts and mysql experience I learned derby but i did not use it yet.
before they ask me about implementing this project they used PHP+Mysql and
it seems that that application Hangs on +10 hits per second
each hit had some Insert one update and 2 select at least.
  Thank you