db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Lichtman <swa...@rcn.com>
Subject RE: Error 38000 with a stack overflow on recordset.next()?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 19:15:09 GMT
Here's a potential workaround for your problem. I suspect it will
work, but I'm not sure:

SELECT path from filesystemfiles where not exists
         (select * from existingfiles where existingfiles.path =
filesystemfiles.path)

The query does the same thing as your original one with "not in", but
I suspect Derby will not try to use the in-memory optimization I
mentioned in my previous mail.

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 swazoo@rcn.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/