db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Lichtman <swa...@rcn.com>
Subject RE: Error 38000 with a stack overflow on recordset.next()?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:25:16 GMT
I believe I've figured out what's going on with this bug. It involves
an optimization to materialize subquery results in some cases. This
optimization works by creating a nested union of in-memory rows.
What's happening in this case is that the unions are nested so deep
that it gets a stack overflow when it tries to fetch the first row.

I have a lot more to say about this, but most of the discussion will
be more suited to derby-dev (as opposed to derby-user), so I will
start a new thread over there.

In the meantime, I want to thank Daniel for finding and reporting
this bug. I hope the Derby team will be able to fix it soon.

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 swazoo@rcn.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/