db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <kar...@Source-Zone.Org>
Subject Re: Getting error when using DB2 type 4 driver
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:52:18 GMT
David Selvaraj wrote:

> [...]
>        at
> org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseACCRDB(Unknown Source)
>        at
> org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseDRDAConnection(Unknown
> Source)
>        at
> org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.processCommands(Unknown Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.run(Unknown Source)
> null
> org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAProtocolException
>        at
> org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.throwSyntaxrm(Unknown Source)
>        at
> org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.missingCodePoint(Unknown
> Source)
>        at
> org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.checkRequired(Unknown Source)
>        at
> org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseACCRDB(Unknown Source)
>        at
> org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseDRDAConnection(Unknown
> Source)
>        at
> org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.processCommands(Unknown Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> And I am getting the following error in the client side:
> DEMODOC: Execution failed due to a distribution protocol error that
> caused deallocation of the conversation.  A DRDA Data Stream Syntax
> Error was detected.  Reason: 0x2135
>
> com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.DisconnectException: Execution failed due to a
> distribution protocol error that caused deallocation of the
> conversation.  A DRDA Data Stream Syntax Error was detected.  Reason:
> 0x2135
>
>     at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.ab.l(ab.java:1214)
>
>     at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.bb.Y(bb.java:1935)
>
>     at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.bb.z(bb.java:599)
>
>     at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.bb.p(bb.java:550)
>
>     at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.bb.l(bb.java:363)
>
>     at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.bb.d(bb.java:145)
>
>     at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.b.Sb(b.java:1274)
>
>     at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.b.a(b.java:1166)
>
>     at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.b.q(b.java:934)
>
>     at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.b.a(b.java:702)
>
>     at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.b.<init>(b.java:305)
>
>     at com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver.connect(DB2Driver.java:162)
>
>     at
> net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.sql.SQLDriverManager.getConnection(SQLDriverManager.java:124)

>     at
> net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.execute(OpenConnectionCommand.java:97)

>     at
> net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.ConnectToAliasCommand$SheetHandler.run(ConnectToAliasCommand.java:367)

>     at
> net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.util.TaskExecuter.run(TaskExecuter.java:82)
>

>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>

> Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Hi david,

For the DB2 Universal driver:

instead of  jdbc:db2://localhost:1555/DEMODOC.  (db2 is for connecting
to DB2)
the  url should be like
jdbc:derby:net://localhost:1555/DEMODOC:user=app;password=app;

||( another example:
'jdbc:derby:net://localhost:1527/SAMPLE;create=true:user=app;password=app;')
|Derby has a new Network Client - derbyclient.jar, you can connect to
the same database
using:  jdbc:derby://localhost:1555/DEMODOC.

-Rajesh