db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Invalid SQL State
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:14:34 GMT
Hi Chas,

Derby raises an exception with the text "Invalid transaction state".
However, that message has a different sql state (x0x03) than the one
you're seeing. Here's the blurb from the Derby code describing what
makes Derby raise this exception:

        // find if there are any held cursors from previous isolation level.
        // if yes, then throw an exception that isolation change not
allowed until
        // the held cursors are closed.
        // I had to move this check outside of transaction idle check
because if a
        // transactions creates held cursors and commits the
transaction, then
        // there still would be held cursors but the transaction state
would be idle.
        // In order to check the above mentioned case, the held cursor check
        // shouldn't rely on transaction state.

You might want to look at derby.log to see if there's a stack trace and
then forward that stack trace to this list. That could help us push this
forward.

Regards,
-Rick