db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: I need some advice to choose database for an upcomming job
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2005 16:35:30 GMT
> A "Guidelines" section starts on slide 19. Slide 24 lists 100-500
> updates per second -- but, of course, your actual performance will
> depend on the complexity of your transactions.

Is there a simple way that I can observe what actual performance
I'm getting? That is, does Derby keep its own monitoring statistics
about the activity that is occuring, and, if so, how do I retrieve
those statistics and view them?

I see that there is SYSCS_GET_RUNTIME_STATISTICS, but that seems
to be mostly about execution of a single query; how do I see
information like:
  - transactions per second
  - IOs per second (read and write)
  - active users