db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Question about derby.locks.deadlockTrace
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 19:33:00 GMT
Hi all,

I was reading http://www.linux-mag.com/content/view/2134/
(good article, btw!), and it says:

   The next two properties are needed to diagnose concurrency
   (locking and deadlock) problems.

      *derby.locks.monitor=true logs all deadlocks that
       occur in the system.

      *derby.locks.deadlockTrace=true log a stack trace of
       all threads involved in lock-related rollbacks.

It seems, that, in my environment, the deadlockTrace property
does not log a stack trace of *all* threads involved in
the deadlock.

Instead, it only logs a stack trace of the *victim* thread
involved in the deadlock.

Is this a bug in the code? A mistake in the article? A
mistake in the way I've configured my environment?

If it is a mistake in the article, and deadlockTrace=true
is intentionally only logging a stack trace of the victim
thread, is there a way to configure Derby to log a stack
trace of *all* threads? (That would be very useful to me
right now.)

thanks,

bryan