db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby Development and IDEs?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 03:44:42 GMT
Let's see, my thoughts: NetBeans and Eclipse are definitely the big ones
out there, and you can expect to see strong support and ongoing
innovation.  There are those of us on the Derby team that are working
with NetBeans to improve Derby support; I expect there are also folks
who are working with the Eclipse folks to improve Derby support.

I used to work with Kava and I really liked it.  Too bad they missed the
open source wave and instead got sucked into some big company -- I can't
remember who any more.  It's nice that the two main IDEs for Java are
both free and open source.  No more sneaking VC++ CDs from your friends'
cube...

David