db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: DevX article comparing open-source databases
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 17:22:39 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
May be Derby also qualifies for 'Single Database file' for read-only
databases.&nbsp; I think Dan and&nbsp; Michael covered&nbsp; all other corrections..<br>
Satheesh <br>
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
  <pre wrap="">Dan Scott wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Hmm, anybody want to step up to the task of sending in corrections
for
this "Open Source Database Feature Comparison Matrix":
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.devx.com/dbzone/Article/29480?trk=DXRSS_LATEST">http://www.devx.com/dbzone/Article/29480?trk=DXRSS_LATEST</a>

The authors of the matrix (creators of DaffodilDB) compared Cloudscape
5.1 against DaffodilDB, MySQL 5.0, PostgreSQL 8.0, etc...

Rather than independently sending sets of (potentially conflicting)
emails to the devx editors, perhaps we could build a list of
corrections here; I'll kick it off by focusing on the obvious:

* Replace Cloudscape 5.1 with Apache Derby 10.1
* Add a checkmark for ODBC Driver
* Add a checkmark for user defined functions
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Add a checkmark for Derby for Intersection &amp; Except (added in 10.1)

Since DaffodilDB is not open source, replace it with One$DB.

Put an X for encryption &amp; Rowset support for One$DB.

Maybe add a column for backup/restore and put an X for One$DB.

Remove Pointbase, it's not open source is it?

Dan.

  </pre>