db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: What is this exception trying to tell me?
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 20:58:38 GMT
Well, just to be clear, it's true that the exception indicates a
possible bug, but the bug *I* was talking about was an error message
that made it difficult if not impossible for the user to know what to do
to fix the problem.

For instance instead of saying "Execution failed due to a distribution
protocol error that caused deallocation of the conversation" we could
say something in English with the situation, the probable cause, and
suggested course of action.  Not that this is correct, but something
like "connection to the database was lost because of a communication
error between the Derby client and the Derby server.  Please make sure
the versions of the client and server are compatible.  If this continues
to be a problem, please contact support or send email to
derby-user@db.apache.org"

David