db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject What is this exception trying to tell me?
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 17:10:53 GMT
I got this exception several times today, but I don't know
what it's trying to tell me.

Can anybody take a stab at explaining this error to me in more
"layman's" terms?

Is there a place where I should have gone to look up 0x2116?

thanks,

bryan

org.apache.derby.client.am.DisconnectException: Execution failed due to a distribution protocol
error that caused deallocation of the conversation. A
PROTOCOL Data Stream Syntax Error was detected. Reason: 0x2116 at org.apache.derby.client.net.Reply.doSyntaxrmSemantics(Unknown
Source) at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnectionReply.parseSYNTAXRM(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnectionReply.parseCommonError(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.parsePrepareError(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.parsePRPSQLSTTreply(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.readPrepareDescribeOutput(Unknown Source) at

org.apache.derby.client.net.StatementReply.readPrepareDescribeOutput(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatement.readPrepareDescribeOutput_(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.readPrepareDescribeOutput(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.readPrepareDescribeInputOutput(Unknown Source)
at
org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.flowPrepareDescribeInputOutput(Unknown Source)
at
org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.prepare(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.client.am.Connection.prepareStatementX(Unknown
Source) at
org.apache.derby.client.am.Connection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source) at