db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to run the Apache DB Torque tutorial with Derby
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 00:39:50 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> ======
> Step 3
> ======
> --------------------
> Creating the tables
> --------------------
>
> There's an issue with the project-schema.sql script that torque generates;
> it creates a BOOK table that references two tables that don't exist yet
> (publisher and author).  You could edit the file to swap the CREATE
> statements
> around, or run the table creates twice. I'll mention this issue to the
> torque developers.

Actually there's a natural solution for this that doesn't require any
hacks. Step 2 specifies the schema in the src/schema/project-schema.xml
file. It looks like Torque generates DDL for those objects in order. I
moved the BOOK definition to the end of project-schema.xml and, voila,
the SQL generated works well in derby without hacks.

  -jean