db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Re: CLOBs and the Client driver
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 23:35:40 GMT
Rajesh Kartha wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Please note that the DerbyClient does not support
> ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE or ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE
> if the ResultSet has LOB.

Ah.  That would be it, then.  Now that I knew what to look for, I found
an issue on JIRA to subscribe myself to. :-)

> In you example changing the PreparedStatement line to:
> reparedStatement
> pstmt=conn.prepareStatement(selectTable,ResultSet.TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY,
>                   ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY);
>
> will take care of getting the actual CLOBs.  Do post to the list if
> you come across any issues.

In this case I'm moving, say, forward 100 rows, and then forward one row
at a time until row 200.  I'm sure this behaviour comes under the
umbrella of "forward only", as I'm never moving backward.

However, absolute(101) throws an error, and relative(101) throws an error.

Am I really expected to call next() N times to get to the row I want?
What if I want row 10,000?

Or is there some SQL syntax I'm supposed to use to limit the returned
slice to rows 101-200 (I tried OFFSET/LIMIT, and can't see anything
obvious in the Derby SQL reference which would suggest a feature like this.)

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

NUIX Pty Ltd