db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: JDBC Driver returns read-only column metadata
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 19:53:44 GMT
Davor Prezel wrote:
> I'm trying to get Derby 10.1 Net Server to work with Torque, but when I
> try to insert or update the ColumnMetadata returns the read-only flag as
> true nad therefore Torque cannot save it.
> I have checked and the databse itself is NOT readonly. I have not used
> any extra parameters to get the Derby to start, nor did I put some extra
> parameters to Derby JDBC client.
> I'm using Derby JDBC client bundled with the Derby Server 10.1
>
> I appreciate the help on this. Thanks

What version of torque are you using?

I don't know if the torque 3.2-rc2 tutorial at
http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-3.2-rc2/runtime/tutorial/index.html
exercises the specific feature giving you trouble, but I just completed
it with Derby 10.1 and everything worked correctly (i.e., inserts worked).

The tutorial uses mySQL; I'll post a summary of exactly what I did to
switch it to Derby in a bit.

  -jean