db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com.au>
Subject CLOBs and the Client driver
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 07:37:18 GMT
Hi.

Are there any known problems in Derby 10.1 with regards to retrieving
CLOBs?  We have a system which can work in both embedded and client
mode, and I've discovered that using it in client mode results in an
empty string (not null, but "") returned for a CLOB-type column.

The same issue doesn't happen on the embedded driver, and I can't find
any immediately obvious records in JIRA which describe a similar problem.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

NUIX Pty Ltd