db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Michael J. Segel" <mse...@segel.com>
Subject Re: transient priviledgeException
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 22:42:17 GMT
On Tuesday 04 October 2005 16:27, Øystein Grøvlen wrote:

>     XV> Hi,
>     XV> I have a transient priviledgeException  when connection to the DB
> with XV> ij.
>

>     XV> here is the scenario:
>
>     XV>   1/ I start an embeddedServer
>     XV>   2/ wait for the ping() be ok (tested in the JVM creating the
> server) XV>   3/ start ij to create a schema.
>
>     XV> then in 4, I get a transient error...i.e if I retry it works.
>
>     XV> what should I wait for to be sure the server is ready to recieve
> cmd?
>
> I checked the implementation of ping(), and it seems to only check
> that it is able to get in touch with the network server.  It does not
> try to get a connection to a database.  Does anyone have any
> suggestion for how Xavier can determine that the server is ready to
> create a database?

Uhm silly question. 1 "... start an embeddedServer."
That would imply that only one connection is allowed.

Do you mean network server?

If so, have you tried to do steps 1 and 2 and instead of using IJ, create the
schema in a simple java app?

There may be a warning or exception at the time you establish a connection to
the database.

--
Michael Segel
Principal