db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mag Gam <magaw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wish List addition
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 00:41:20 GMT
Rick:

I though you forgot about me :-)

I have been trying to hack myself thru my own application.

I have found a way to use Lucene and Derby, but it takes up a LOT of
memory, and it can get slow.

I basically, use the RamDirectory feature in Lucene and put my result
set into it...

That will index everything, but if you have a slow and weak box (like
mine)...its can screw up my performance....

But I will love to learn from you, how you do it...I am NO expert
programmer so...your guiadance is much appreciated!!!!!

TIA