db-derby-user mailing list archives

From ji_villa <ji_vi...@yahoo.es>
Subject Re: Garbage Collector and memory
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 22:04:15 GMT
El mar, 25-10-2005 a las 13:56 +0200, Fernanda Pizzorno escribi├│:
> Juan Ignacio Villa wrote:
>
> >[...]
> >
> >  Consulta =
> >DBConexion.createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE,ResultSet.CONCUR_UPDATABLE);
> >  Rs = Consulta.executeQuery(sql);
> >
> >[...]
> >
> Hello,
>
> Scrollable sensitive result sets (ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE) are
> not implemented
> in Derby. Scrollable insensitive result sets
> (ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE) are
> implemented in Derby, but only with concurrency ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY.
>
> If your application needs updatable result sets (ie. if you are going to
> use updateXXX,
> updateRow(), insertRow() or deleteRow() methods), you will have to use
> forward only result
> sets (ResultSet.TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY), and you will only be able to move
> between rows in the
> result set using next().
>
> On the other hand, if you do not need to use updatable result sets, you
> can use scrollable
> insensitive result sets. The difference between this type and the one
> you are using is that
> it is not sensitive to changes to the underlying table.
>
> Since the result set type and concurrency you are trying to use are not
> implemented in
> Derby, the driver will generate a SQLWarning. And you can check the type
> and concurrency
> of the result set returned by the driver using ResultSet.getType() and
> ResultSet.getConcurrency() respectively.
>
> Fernanda

Thanks Fernanda. But i prove with ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE and
ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY and i get an out of memory error too.
Only works fine with ResultSet.TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY.

Statements or preparedStatements fail equals. Both give me the out of
memory error.

The code of Dyre (thaks Dyre) fails too.

System.gc also not free memory.
Catch exceptions not solve it.
Yes, bad code.

I am proving to resolve it.