db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM (Øystein Grøvlen)
Subject Re: suppress "connection %d" message on console
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:01:08 GMT

    XV> hi,
    XV> is  there  a way  to  remove the  message  on  console indicating  new
    XV> connection to the server ?
    >>
    >> As far as I can see from the code, these messages will always go to
    >> System.out.   Please file a JIRA issue if you want this to change.
    >>

    KM> You could  specify an alternate console PrintWriter with
    KM> NetworkServerControl.start (null will suppress  output)  or use the
    KM> derby.drda.startNetworkServer property to start the server and then the
    KM> console output will go to derby.log.

If I understand this correctly, both these options requires that you
create your own java program in order to start the network server.  If
you invoke NetworkServerControl.main (as the provided scripts do), it
does not seem to be any way to turn off the console output.

Anyhow, your solution will turn off all console output.  The request
was to be able to turn off logging of new connections.  In my opinion,
the logConnections property should affect both console output and
output to the derby.log file.

--
Øystein