db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: Momory leak in JDBC driver?
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 15:36:28 GMT
Wei Jiang <_weijiang_@yahoo.com> writes:

> java.sql javadoc says:
> Note: A Statement object is automatically closed when it is garbage collected.
> When a Statement object is closed, its current ResultSet object, if one exists,
> is also closed.

> I do not close ResultSet. But I do close Statement. Is it possible that
> when derby's Statement closed, the ResultSet is not?

Can't say, but what I do know is that when you RE-EXECUTE a statement
you get a new ResultSet, but you don't automatically close the previous
ResultSet. So if you create multiple ResultSets from the same
statement before you close it, ResultSets will be leaked, at least

I have been told that this is incorrect according to the JDBC

> I did forget to close one statement.

Does it help to close that statement? If not; I would try to close the
ResultSets to see if that helps...

View raw message