db-derby-user mailing list archives

From James A Craig/O/VCU <crai...@vcu.edu>
Subject Distributed databases
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 02:11:37 GMT
<FONT face="Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size=2><div>Hi,
I'm fairly new to Derby but I was curious if its possible to use it in a distributed setup.
I currently have a small cluster and want to set it up so that I have a distributed database
on it using Derby. So my questions are:</div><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>1)
Is this possible?</DIV><DIV>2) Is there a resource that shows me how to do this?
(the manuals don't seem to explain how to do this)</DIV><DIV>3) From what I've
read it seems like I need to use the DB2 driver to do this (like I've said, I've found very
little info on the subject of setting up a distributed database). Is this even remotely on
base?</DIV><DIV>4) Does anyone know of any decent tutorials when it comes to Derby?
I haven't found anything that great thus far.</DIV><DIV>5) Can I use ij to manipulate
a distributed database? How do I do this?</DIV><DIV>6) Is there a way to setup
one using ij?</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Sorry for all of the
questions but I've searched through a couple hundred websites while searching on google and
have found little to no info. Thanks in advance for any help.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Andy</DIV></FONT>