db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Deepa Remesh <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: user authentication
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:19:42 GMT
Hi Nicolas,

Please see if this FAQ solves your problem:
http://db.apache.org/derby/faq.html#schema_exist

Also, are you setting derby.system.home property when starting network
server? If so, derby.properties file must be in directory specified by
this property. If it is not set, Derby uses derby.properties file in
the current user directory. This is just to make sure the properties
you set are getting used.

To enable Derby authentication, you must also set
derby.connection.requireAuthentication property to true. You can find
information about this property at
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.1/tuning/

Hope this helps.

Deepa