db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Zip Distribution.
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 16:22:54 GMT
Juan Ignacio Villa wrote:
> B.- There is an moral problem.
> I can delete all the data base, but if an user laid an
> archive into the directories of derby and we erase
> it... I work for the goverment and the application
> will be used for millons. We want minimize problems.
> We think that if the DB would be compressed in only
> one file (.jar .zip .tar ...) the problem dissappear.
> ┬┐There is another form?

By "delete all the data base", I assume you mean delete the directory
that was created when the database was created with the "create=true"
flag. For example, given this connection URL:

   connect 'jdbc:derby:test;create=true'

Derby creates a "test" directory with all the Derby database files.
Deleting the database is as simple as removing that "test" directory.

Could you tell users to not store their own files under the Derby
database directory? that it is only intended for use by the Derby
datbase itself? Instead they should choose another location.

> C.- I tell you the prove we made to cache:
> We insert data into DB. Then we erase cache files. The
> DB don't have the inserted data.

When you say that you erase the cache files, which specific files are
you removing?

> Oh, sorry for my english. :)

Please don't worry -- it might just mean that we need to ask more
questions to make sure we understand what you mean.

regards,

-jean