db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blockade of data base.
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 23:14:18 GMT
Juan Ignacio Villa wrote:

>>>From IBM said we that if DB blocks we must erase
>cache.
>But cache stores statements
>¿There is an mode of stores the cache permanently?
>
>¿What must i do in a derby block?
>

>Very Thanks.

>Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!
>Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
>http://correo.yahoo.es

Hi Juan -
What kind of block are you encountering?  Please post the exception or
the error message to clarify the problem.  I cannot imagine how erasing
the cache would help with blocking.  I'm not sure how this could be done
- did the recommendation come with instructions on how to erase the cache?

I am not clear what you mean by the question: ¿There is an mode of
stores the cache permanently? .  If you are interested in bypassing
caching, this in inadvisable.  For more information please see the
discussion at:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/dw_thread.jsp?forum=370&thread=95608&cat=19

How to address a derby block depends on the type of block (record lock,
table lock, db.lck, ??).  Please post any messages you received from the
program and also post the additional information in the derby.log