db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Matt Sanford <mzsanf...@aol.com>
Subject Re: Equivalent of SQL "DROP TABLE IF EXISTS MY_TABLE" ?
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:52:10 GMT
Hello,

    I agree exists in the DDL would be nice, but I am also a long-time
Sybase user. In the mean time, for my code I am doing a select from
SYS.SYSTABLES to check for existence. Something like :

    select count(*) from SYS.SYSTABLES where TABLENAME = 'MY_TABLE'

    The only thing that goofed me up was the MY_TABLE is in all caps
even if not created that way. Unfortunately, this does not work in the
SQL-only ant environment you described.

Thanks;
  -- Matt Sanford