db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: GUI for Derby
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 00:56:26 GMT
Mamta Satoor wrote:
> It will be nice to put these GUI interfaces options in Derby FAQ.

Initially, I'm just trying to clean up the GUI tools links at
http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/misc.html#Products+by+Type . Then
I'll add a link to that from the Derby FAQ.

Right now the summary page lists 3 products for GUI tools:

1) Eclipse

The Eclipse link is way old (Oct 2004). Since then, the Derby Plug-ins
have been added.  Also the Web Tools Project
http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/ bundles derby (albeit 10.0) and even
provides a tutorial that includes derby at
http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/wst/components/rdb/RDBTutorial.html .

Anything more to say here?

I'd like to add something about Eclipse + Hibernate, since Charlie raves
about that (see
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-user/200509.mbox/%3c4321CE26.2010700@CharlieKelly.com%3e

), but only if somebody has an URL handy that shows how to configure
that combination.

2) iSQL-Viewer

I haven't seen lots of posts about this on derby-user.

3) SQuirreL SQL

Lots of posts to derby-user indicate this works well.

anything else?

thanks,

  -jean