db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Unit tests with Derby DB
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:50:44 GMT
One way to get rid of the cruft hanging around might be, at the start of
each test, create a new classloader and associate it with the thread
that's creating all your other threads in your test, using
Thread.setContextClassLoader().  I haven't used classloaders a lot and
am a bit confused by the delegation model, but based on a quick read
that should work.

When you call setContextClassLoader(), the old classloader is dropped,
and all classes with all state in them are dropped, including the Derby
state.

Worth a shot...

David