db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Matt Sanford <mzsanf...@aol.com>
Subject Re: Derby cannot be bind to the IP address of the host in which Derby resides.
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:59:27 GMT
Hello,

    I have seen similar issues on Linux hosts with overly-broad
/etc/hosts files. I know on WinXP there is a similar file named
C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC\HOSTS but I am not sure about Windows
2000. The problem is when an /etc/hosts entry is matching the ip address
and correcting your getByName. I do not know if this effects Windows the
same but it is worth a check.

Thanks;
  -- Matt Sanford

--
When the going gets tough, the weird turn pro.
  -- Hunter S. Thompson