db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Raji Sridar <r...@cisco.com>
Subject Are you happy with Derby?
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 17:49:44 GMT
Hello Derby Users,

I recently subscribed to this group.
We are evaluating a open source database for a windows based network
management product for the commercial market.
The criteria is to have zero cost, zero admin, small footprint, with max
reliability and good support availability.
We are looking the ability to prototype and develop fast - hence
planning to use Hibernate in conjunction with Derby.
We are not looking for database features like client-server, redundancy,
replication, high availability, 2-phase commit.....
For these criteria, do you agree that Derby is the best choice?
Please give your opinions and suggestions - I appreciate and value your
opinions.

Sincerely,
Raji