db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: Pocket PC
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 19:12:49 GMT
Trevor Armstrong wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to get Derby working on my Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket PC. First
> of all I'm trying to get that simple sample program that comes with Derby
> running on it. Unfortunetly this program doesn't make it very far before
> crashing at the line that loads the database driver:
>             Class.forName(driver).newInstance();

CDC/Foundation does not support java.sql.DriverManager/Driver so the
sample program will not work.

To obtain a connection you need to use the javax.sql.DataSource api, and
Derby 10.1 provides the implementation
org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedSimpleDataSource
for CDC/Foundation.

There is a functiona spec attached to this bug that shows how to use it.

Dan.