db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Momory leak in JDBC driver?
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:33:58 GMT
Bernt M. Johnsen wrote:

> So the question becomes: Is this a new JIRA Issue?

No this issue has always been there and was originally logged against
Network Server as both client and server leak if statements are not
closed.  Our ability to fix it, however, comes fairly recently with the
contribution of client.

>And is
>it a general problem for seveal classes?

I am not sure of the scope. All I know about is PreparedStatements. I
think at least incremental improvement is possible and desirable in this
area.

If you are interested in picking up this issue I can  look at my old
notes and post additional comments to DERBY-210 regarding what I know
about the issue and we can pick up the conversation on derby-dev.

Thanks

Kathey